Admissions Requirements for International Students
International students are advised to begin the admission process as early as possible prior to the time they wish to enter Westcliff University because of the tests required, delays in international mail, etc. To apply to Westcliff University, international students must submit the following materials:
Initial F-1 Students (Seeking an F-1 Visa for the First time) – CLICK HERE
Transfer F-1 Students (Seeking to Transfer into our University) – CLICK HERE
Download International Student Transfer Clearance Form – CLICK HERE
Download Affidavit of Support – CLICK HERE
English Proficiency Policy
No applicant is admissible unless she/he can demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must demonstrate college-level proficiency in English through one of the following:
- Undergraduate: A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or
61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a
6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or
44 on the PTE** Academic Score Report
** Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic). For more
information on this test, visit www.pearsonpte.com
- Master’s Degree: A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or
71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT),
6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or
50 on the PTE Academic Score Report
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A minimum score of B1 or higher on the Westcliff University’s English Proficiency Test. B2 is required for graduate programs.
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “C” or higher at an appropriately accredited college or university where the language instruction was English; “B” or higher for Master’s Degree;
- Undergraduate only: A high school diploma completed at an appropriately accredited/recognized high school (where the medium of instruction is English).
If transcripts are from a foreign institution, a University-approved evaluation agency (i.e., www.ierf.org) must review and send their official evaluation directly to their Admissions Representative. If a transcript translation is needed please contact the Admissions Department for options on translation services.
Should you have any questions about joining other Westcliff University International Students, please call us at 888-491-8686.